Sunday, August 4, 2013

Reflection


It is always quite the process to put a Blogathon together, and it takes time. The 2nd Annual Blogathon's planning stages began last February and even up until Friday afternoon I was working around the clock to make sure I had everything covered that I wanted to discuss and the prizes were in order.

To have a successful Blogathon you need multiple sponsors who are willing to donate a prize or two for you to raffle off to a winner. Contacting would-be sponsors was my first order of business and most of the time I did not hear back from them or they were simply not interested. I had one company (who shall remain nameless) tell me that they would not be a apart of a charity event that did not benefit people but instead benefitted animals. Well, that was disheartening and rather rude, but I moved on! Some prizes were sent to me months ago from lovely companies and I am finally able to get them packaged and ready to go out!

Lindsay helped me tremendously with my Blogathon page and getting all of that set up quite some time ago and I have really just been trying to get the word out the best way I could, social media! It wasn't always easy and it has been down right heartbreaking most of the time just trying to gather donations, but all in all what I have done was all for the animals and they get 100% of the proceeds. The support that was given to me for doing this is appreciated and I am grateful to those of you do gave me that support, I couldn't do this without you!

1 comment:

  1. You're going an amazing job! This work is just as important as any other charity, and potentially more so since our friends lack a voice of their own.

    ReplyDelete