Saturday, August 3, 2013

Who Is This Person?



Some of you might be wondering who the heck I am right about this point. Other than a girl who is raising money for animals, you may have absolutely no idea!

To properly introduce myself as succinctly as possible, my name is Katie. I am obsessed with cats and have two of my own, Furrgus and Fiona. My husband and I love dogs, too, but we cannot have one in our apartment as per our lease agreement (trust me, we are sad about this!). I have loved animals all of my life and my earliest memory involves a few of our family cats and myself when I was barely able to walk, I have the most vivid memory of chasing them around in one of those saucer scoot devices that you stick your kid in for a few hours so they are entertained? Yeah, those. ANYWAYS, my love for cats began in infancy and I have too many cat sweaters to this day to prove my “Crazy Cat Lady” status. I began volunteering for animal rescue organizations in 2004 when I helped take care of tigers (yes, TIGERS) that were dealt a horrible hand in a hoarding situation, and my volunteering continues to this day as I volunteer with BFAS Los Angeles!  One day I would love to work for an animal rescue organization full time.

Honestly? I wouldn't want to do anything else with my life. Animals are my passion, and there are no words I can use to adequately describe them and the joy they bring to my life. One way or another, I am always around an animal and I wouldn't want it any other way. :)  Pets are FAMILY and should always be treated as such.

No comments:

Post a Comment